Current state of programmable logic

JesseVoss
Hello,

In my opinion, they're too expensive per cart.The iCE40xx384s don't have enough I/O, even though they're otherwise cheap enough and have enough logic inside.The iCE40xx1K parts are about $4, plus a few dimes for its boot ROM and two regulators. They're not 5V tolerant, but the cost of that translation is probably balanced out by cheaper 3V parallel NOR flash. Might be possible to justify it for MMC5-class stuff, but it's really the wrong place for anything less.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17247&start=15
Creative infographic design service

Thanks

Re: Current state of programmable logic

limerick
Administrator
The FPGA tends to be expensive. I know there is a Chinese company that also sells board in Altera MAX10 and Lattice FPGA.

http://www.stepfpga.com/

Maybe you can check it out. They tend to have better price.