Embedded system, from prototype to final device

Embedded system, from prototype to final device

JesseVoss
Hello,

I always had been interested in embedded systems. I make a few interesting proyects in the university, but always as prototypes, you know, the protoboard with a lot of wires or the simple PCB with a lot of wires. But now i am interested in go to next level, the next step, because sometimes your idea is good and somebody wants to buy it. But no one would buy a prototype that after 3 months of working (maybe less), it fails. Here in my country its trending to buy different modules then you integrate all them with a microcontroller. For example you buy a rain sensor, a soil moisture sensor and a PIC, and make something. If something gets broken you just replace that module.Do you think is a good idea to build an embedded systems like that ? Or would it be better to integrate all of them in the same PCB ?And the main question, what are the recommended steps to go further beyon a prototype and make a good electronic product?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56244
Creative video production studio

Thanks

Re: Embedded system, from prototype to final device

limerick
Administrator
Yes, I think it is a good idea to build things with off-the-shelf boards. That will save you time and money.