National Instruments Labview Integration To Embedded System

National Instruments Labview Integration To Embedded System

JesseVoss
Hello,

I am planning to develop an embedded system with ADC and send the digital data to PC for datalogging and further processing. I will be using PIC MCU and a high resolution ADC to capture analog data, convert it to digital and send it via RS232 to the PC.Developing the embedded hardware and software is not a problem to me as I had done some projects.The problem is I am not familiar with PC programming. To cut the steep learning curve of Visual Basic, I am thinking of using National Instruments Labview program to develop the PC software. The question is, has anyone done it before? Is Labview open source? Do I have to buy National Instrument hardware in order to integrate to their Labview program? National Instrument hardware is really expensive and I am thinking of developing my own hardware. I can pay one off for the Labview software. Is the EXE program generated by Labview royalty free? If I sell the EXE program to my customer, do I have to pay royalty to National Instrument? Do I have to install Labview program in my customer PC in order to run Labview?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://forum.mikroe.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10459&view=previous
motion graphics video quote

Thanks

Re: National Instruments Labview Integration To Embedded System

limerick
Administrator
Labview is expensive, and it has its own data-flow language, which is a different kind of animal. You can try out the eval version of labview to get a feel of it.