Tiny Gentoo for sort of embedded systems

Tiny Gentoo for sort of embedded systems

JesseVoss
Hello,

I am using x86 and x86_64 systems (Geode, Pentium, Core 2, etc.) to create servants which have a specific task. One of the tasks is to provide a owserver, another is to automatically start xorg and vlc and play IPTV stream. I have managed to create a working environment and have been using it for sometime. I have started to strip the system down to strip the system down in order to start the system faster and use less flash space as possible.I make use of Virtualbox and Gentoo inside the Virtualbox to create a working system. Using a script I create a squashfs file with the root in it, but stripped off everything unnecessary (for example /usr/src and /usr/portage).

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-8120204.html?sid=e6d371e5c35ec3e2684bbc5b3badc135
Creative video advertising quote

Thanks

Re: Tiny Gentoo for sort of embedded systems

limerick
Administrator
For video, probably you can try the unreal media sever http://umediaserver.net/